Monday, December 17, 2012

My Gingerbread Creations


My Gingerbread Creations

About 40 years ago I took a Gingerbread making class in Seattle.  Loved gingerbread ever since and not only did I make a few houses here and there and I also cut all patterns from women's magazines.

 Below are some of my creations as well as old patterns I have put into PDF form for anyone to enjoy (so you need to have a PDF reader to see these). 

Leave me a comment or question if you like.  If you make any of these I'd love to see a picture and I'll post them here and on my website.

Enjoy!

Gingerbread Swan King:  I found this pattern 30+ years ago, then lost the pattern and had to recreate it.  You bake the swan's body over a small stainless steel bowl.  You can decorate as much or as little as you like.  I chose to cover the entire swan in royal icing for this version.  Click here for the PDF of the instructions and patterns on my website. 




Swiss Chalet Gingerbread House:  this is the first gingerbread house I learned how to make.  It's small and compact and doesn't take a lot of candy to decorate (unless you want to go that route). It makes a great centerpiece for your holiday table.  Click here to go to my website to download the pattern and instructions.  Just scroll down the page a bit till you see the Swiss Chalet.





Icing Church:  okay--so it's not gingerbread but its a very pretty holiday decoration.  Its pretty easy to make--just takes patience.  You pipe royal icing onto wax paper following the pattern pieces you put under the wax paper.  Click here to go to my website to download the pattern and instructions.  Just scroll down the page a bit until you see the Icing Church.




Gingerbread Dollhouse


A two-story house complete with furniture for a kitchen, living room and bedroom.  This one is a lot of fun to make but give yourself plenty of time--it's got lots of pieces.  My favorite thing is the quilt for the bed made out of Chiclets.  Click here for the pattern and instructions on my website.  Just scroll down until you see the Dollhouse.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for YEARS for this three story house. I made it back in 83 and lost my pattern in a move. Thank you so much for all the directions and your notes as well. I will be making it now for my grand sugars! Your work is fabulous. Have a Merry Christmas! Karen Kelly